Following the ease of COVID-19 restrictions, nationally GP practices have been increasingly overwhelmed by the ever-rising demand put on their services. Castle Donington Surgery has been no exception. We share your frustrations with regard to your difficulties booking GP appointments. Unfortunately, the demand is currently higher than our capacity.
In response to your feedback, we are changing our appointment system to offer improved safety and more appropriate access to care. We hope that these changes will make it quicker and easier to access our services.
How do I request help from the doctor?
- Call the practice or use the online form.
- Appointment requests are reviewed by a doctor first, therefore we are unable to directly book appointments.
- You can send us a request via the online form or by telephoning the practice as usual. A member of the team will document your request.
- To protect your privacy, we are not taking requests for GP appointments at the front desk.
If your request is urgent, please contact the practice by telephone.
Please do not submit medical problems as administrative queries, these will not be processed.
How long will it take?
- Each request will be reviewed by a doctor within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
- You will be contacted with the outcome of the request within 48 hours (Monday – Friday).
When can I make a request?
- Our online request form is available from 06:00 Monday until 13:30 on Friday.
This is to help those people who are not able to call during our usual opening hours.
- The form is not available over the weekend.
- We also may disable this service when we have reached the safe number of requests for that day. This level changes and will be affected by events such as staff sickness or redeployment to the vaccine program. This is reviewed and amended daily.
- If you wish to call the practice our usual opening hours apply: 08:00 till 18:30 Monday till Friday.
What do I do if I think my problem is urgent?
- If you think your problem or condition is life-threatening call 999.
- Not sure what to do? Call NHS 111.
In Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland there are many places you can go if you urgently need healthcare, but it is not a serious or life-threatening emergency.
If you are unsure of the service you need, or you need immediate medical advice, call 111. You can now also access NHS111 Online.
Depending on the situation, the NHS 111 team can connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist or even a GP, and can arrange face-to-face appointments if they think you need one. NHS 111 advisers can also assess if you need an ambulance and send one immediately.
- Call the practice. If you still feel that we are the most suitable source of help please call and speak to a member of the team.
What else can I use this service for?
- If you need a prescription.
- Contact us when we are closed. This is an ideal tool for patients who are unable to request help during our usual opening hours. **We may disable this service when we have reached the safe number of requests for that day. This level changes and will be affected by events such as staff sickness or redeployment to the vaccine program. This is reviewed and amended daily.
- Request sick notes, GP letters or other admin requests.
- Easy access to NHS help, advice and self-care information.