Access to the Surgery
- The main door is open.
- Social distancing guidelines continue to be in place.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask or shield when entering the building.
- Use hand sanitizer on entry.
- A maximum of 7 people is allowed in the waiting room. You may have to wait outside if there is a queue.
- All GP appointments will initially be by telephone. If the doctor or nurse decides they need to physically examine you, this will be arranged.
- All GP appointment requests will be reviewed by a doctor first. We are unable to directly book GP appointments.
- If you have any specific communication needs please let us know.
- Some appointments can be booked without triage for practical procedures such as blood tests or cervical screening.
- Attending face-to-face appointments;
- To reduce the length of time people are in the building we are asking anyone who is attending for a face-to-face consultation to arrive at their appointment time.
- You may be asked to wait outside or in your car if needed.
- If you arrive late, you may be asked to rebook your appointment. You may be asked to wait outside / in your car. The clinician will then call you to rearrange a time. This may not be the same day due to capacity and room planning.
- Chronic disease management for asthma, COPD and diabetes, etc, is taking place by a combination of phone, video and face-to-face consultations.
- Please be aware that a number of normal services that we provide still remain unavailable such as joint injections, minor surgery and spirometry testing.
If we are unable to speak to you directly, a text message will be sent where possible. Please ensure that we have your up-to-date contact information.