- We are asking all patients not to attend the practice without prior agreement from a member of our clinical team.
- As of Monday 16th March 2020 we are minimising the number of patients attending the Practice for face to face appointments.
- All patients are required to contact the practice by telephone to request an appointment, providing details of their need. A member of the clinical team will then phone you back to discuss your need, and wherever possible this need will be met over the telephone.
- If the clinician deems that you require a face to face appointment, you will be asked some screening questions related to the coronavirus.
- Depending on the outcome of the assessment you may be asked to self-isolate.
We are increasing the use of video consultations where the GP deems appropriate to help bridge the gap of face to face and telephone appointments.
- All pre-existing appointments are being reviewed by the clinical team. If it is deemed that your appointment is not urgent or necessary at this time, it may be cancelled without re-scheduling.
- If the appointment needs to go ahead, wherever possible this will take place over the telephone.
- If your appointment is being cancelled or changed to telephone, our administrative team will contact you to advise you of this.
- If the appointment needs to be face to face you will be contacted prior to the appointment and asked some screening questions to ensure it is appropriate for you to attend the Practice.
If we are unable to speak to you directly, a text message will be sent where possible. Please ensure that we have your up to date contact information.
Access to the Surgery
- Access to the building will be restricted to the patients who have been invited for an appointment by a clinician.
- Anyone who attempts to gain access to the surgery who has not been invited will be asked to leave the premises and call us.
- Only the patient with the appointment will be allowed into the building.
- For children, please where possible only have one parent/guardian attend with the child.
- For those who require carers/are carers, please where possible limit those who attend with the patient.
- We are only accepting clinically necessary home visits.
- All home visits will be triaged by a GP.
- The requester or patient will need to be available to speak to the GP prior to the appointment.
- Not all requests will result in a physical visit.
- Not all visits will be performed by Castle Donington Surgery GPs.
- Where appropriate we will send an alternative service such as the Acute Home Visiting Service or the newly appointed Community Home Visiting Service.