Care.Data is nearly here. Very soon you will receive information through the post regarding this. The Care.Data programme is NOT connected to the Summary Care Record.
NHS England and the HSCIC are providing lots of information without explaining exactly what this means for your patient record.
We would like to express some facts and a source of alternative reading;
- Care.Data is never mentioned in the leaflet you will receive
- The care.data project is entirely voluntary for patients
- Unless you OPT OUT, your GP records will be included
- Your Hospital record will automatically be included, you cannot opt out of your hospital record being used.
- Care.Data is not anonymous.
- The information is NOT available to other Health Care Professionals or those related to your medical care.
- You cannot stop the NHS using your anonymous record.
- Eventually, organisations outside of the NHS will have access to this data.
For more information please look at the following websites. Copies are available from Reception.
http://care-data.info (This non-commercial website represents the personal views of Dr Neil Bhatia, GP and Caldicott Guardian for the Oaklands Practice in Yateley.)
NHS Choices Website (provided by NHS Choices)
HSCIC Website (provided by HSCIC)
Generic Opt Out Form (This form can be found on medConfidential website)