Some services allow patients to request an appointment themselves. This requires no input from the GP.
Please find below a list of the current services that allow for self-referral.
QuitReady - Stop Smoking service
Quit Ready Leicestershire offers free and confidential text, phone and web chat advice and, for more details, visit www.quitready.co.uk or call 0345 646 66 66.
Advisors from Quit Ready Leicestershire will be in touch - via telephone, text message, web chat or email - to offer support on a weekly basis during the 12-week programme to ensure people have the best possible chance of staying smoke-free. The service runs from Mondays to Fridays (9am to 7pm) and on Saturdays (10am-2pm).
The new service also acknowledges the significant increase in the use of e-cigarettes,which the service doesn’t provide, but behavioural support is on offer to people who use e-cigarettes.
People can self-refer using the online contact form found on the website and the service is particularly keen to support women who are pregnant, or people who have other health problems.
Let's Talk - Wellbeing
If you are having difficulties such as feeling low, anxious or stressed and would like some help, aged 18 or over and registered with a GP practice in Leicestershire County or Rutland, you can self refer to this service by:
- Following the link and completing the online referral form: www.iaptportal.co.uk/ltw.html
- Call Let's Talk on 01509 610968
- Download and print the self-referral form for the Leicestershire and Rutland Let's Talk Wellbeing Service and post to:
Let’s Talk – Wellbeing, Bank Court, Weldon Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 5RF
For further information please visit the webpage;
Podiatry services aim to keep the population mobile, help users keep their independence and maintain their quality of life by providing an expert and complete range of foot and lower limb care, for those with a clinical, medical and/or physical need. This can range from routine corn, callous and nail care to the extremely specialised ‘high risk’ cases such as diabetic foot ulcer care, nail surgery, complex biomechanical assessment and treatment, through to provision of insoles and orthotics.
Referral Form - Click to download
Information Leaflet - Click to download
Please ensure that:
- You are ready to accept an appointment/treatment within 2-4 weeks of us receiving your application. Requests for appointments beyond this time may not be accepted and you may have to re-apply.
- You supply a valid, current telephone number and an alternative (where possible), as we will ring you to agree a date and time suitable to you.
- You attend for your appointments or rearrange/cancel giving at least 24 hours notice. Failure to attend will result in your application being discharged and you having to re-apply.
If you live in Nottingham City or Derbyshire, please click on the link for your area above for details on how to self-refer to our Podiatry service. Please note we are unable to accept self-referrals from Nottinghamshire or Lincolnshire patients.
Visit the website for more information